Content and privacy policies
To ensure the best possible experience for all Community members, please respect the guidelines for participation.
By joining and using How do you do?, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this site. You also agree to reserve discussions and activities to topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium to network with other How do you do? members, benefit from their experience, participate in an ongoing conversation and exchange resources. Any questions about How do you do? should be directed on contact page.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact us. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, How do you do? reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to the How do you do? services for members who violate these rules.
- All participation in How do you do? services should reflect the Society’s values: integrity, respect and mutual support.
- Don't attack others. The discussions are meant to stimulate networking, conversation and learning, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages. This includes selling products, endorsing products, or posting job openings.
- Use caution when discussing products or commercial markets. Information posted is subject to defamation and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that How do you do? and other How do you do? users have the right to reproduce postings.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The rules and conditions set forth below (“Rules”) govern your use of the How do you do? site. By using How do you do?, you agree to comply with these Rules. If you do not comply with the Rules, your account will be cancelled and you will not be permitted to access and use the How do you do? site and its features.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, links, materials and other information (together "Postings") are generated by participants of How do you do? services and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or opinions of How do you do?. How do you do? is not responsible for the content of any Postings. No Postings are endorsed, adopted, or published by How do you do? unless explicitly stated otherwise by one of authorized agents of How do you do? acting in an official capacity.
How do you do? has no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, edit, or delete Postings generated by participants of How do you do? services, but How do you do? reserves the right to do so if any Postings do not comply with the Rules or are otherwise harmful, inaccurate or objectionable. How do you do? is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing Postings that fail to comply with the Rules.
When you log in to the How do you do? services, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You take sole responsibility for the content of your Postings. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless How do you do?, its officers, directors, employees, and agents and hold How do you do?, its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings damages, injuries, liabilities losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) relating to any acts or omissions by you or materials or information transmitted by you in connection with the How do you do? leading wholly or partially to claims against How do you do?, its officers, directors, employees, or agents by other users or third parties.
- You grant How do you do? the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free unrestricted license (with the right to sub-license) to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, adapt, translate, and modify your Postings in whole or in part in any form now known or later developed.
- You will not use the How do you do? services to send chain letters, unsolicited advertising, or any other junk or bulk mail.
- You will not impersonate any other How do you do? user or entity.
- You will not upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any information, files, code or other materials that are unlawful, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or libelous, or that are threatening, abusive, or harassing on the basis of an individual’s (or groups of individuals’) religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- You will not upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any information, files, code or other materials that contain viruses or are able to disrupt or damage How do you do? services or How do you do? members’ software, hardware or equipment.
- You acknowledge that your Postings are non-confidential and any ideas, inventions, or know-how disclosed in them will be available to the public.
- You represent and warrant that your Postings will not violate another person’s copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right to privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary or personal right.
- You acknowledge and agree that How do you do? has the right to delete, modify or supplement Postings or the content of the How do you do? services at any time for any reason without notification to anyone and to ban or restrict How do you do? users for any reason at anytime.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
When you register for How do you do?, you accept the following limitations of liability and disclaimer of warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL How do you do? OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONDUCT OF PARTICIPANTS IN THE How do you do? COMMUNITIES, INCLUDING FACILITATORS OF ANY How do you do? COMMUNITIES, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE How do you do? SERVICES OR YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE POSTINGS ON THE How do you do? SITE.
THE How do you do? SERVICES AND ANY POSTINGS ON THE How do you do? SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS"AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF THAT PURPOSE HAS BEEN DISCLOSED). How do you do? MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR ASSURANCES THAT THE POSTINGS ON THE How do you do? SITE ARE RELIABLE, CURRENT, USEFUL, ACCURATE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE How do you do? SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT How do you do? IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
You agree that the law of Poland will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and to our site. In addition, you agree and consent that, if there is ever any legal action against How do you do?, the state and federal courts of Poland will have exclusive jurisdiction and be the exclusive venue for any such legal actions.
This agreement is the entire understanding between you and How do you do? regarding your relationship to our online communities. If How do you do? fails to notify you of any violations of this agreement, this will not mean that How do you do? cannot notify you of future violations of any part of this agreement.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITE LINKS
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, language, country, etc. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously (without registering). We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser’s name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
How do you do? may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service.
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site.
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails.
- We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Last update: 3 November 2013.